I experimented with my original estrobowl to throw a little pumpkin spice spin onto things and ZAYUM. Complete with some of my favourites: cruciferous vegetables for bad-estrogen detox, pumpkin, seeds to support my current menstrual phase and then of course chewable toppings to help promote normal digestion (as opposed to drinking a smoothie through a straw). Give this a try, it tastes like piece of pumpkin pie heaven!
- 1/2 cup steamed & frozen cauliflower
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin (put in ice cube tray ahead of time & freeze, use 2-3 cubes)
- 1 T pumpkin spice seasoning
- 1/4 t ceylon cinnamon
- sprinkle of stevia
- 1 T fresh-ground flax seed
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
- I’m currently using Vega Performance brand. I love it because I tend to digest vegan protein powder better than whey, it doesn’t have added nutrients (having fortified food is NOT always ideal according to your genetic make-up), and it has a healthy dose of L-glutamine in it. L-Glutamine is an amino acid that helps reduce muscle soreness when taken after a workout, and is also incredible for healing leaky-gut syndrome or other digestive issues. To prevent muscle soreness you need at least 5g, and this brand has 6g per serving!
- Coconut milk to blend to desired texture
To Top it off:
- Chopped seasonal apple
- Melty almond butter
- Dried cranberries
- Raw pumpkin seeds